Friday, September 01, 2006

Shelter Update

I just thought I would share with all of you that the sweet chow, Cole who has been at the shelter a very long time, was adopted yesterday. There is a picture of Cole further down this blog. Apparently, the woman who adopted her was looking for a mellow girl she could "grow old with" (her words exactly). Sounds like a perfect match.
Oh I do love that shelter. In fact, this weekend CornyT and I are driving to Baton Rouge to visit the Mamester, and although I am excited to see her I have been a little sad that I am going to miss my doggie day. Yes, I know I have serious issues. So, I have devised a solution. Today, I have worn some less than perfect jeans (not quite grubby but close) and tennis shoes to work and as soon as they let us out early for the holiday (they typically do) I am going to put in my two hours at the shelter. The funny thing about working with almost all men at a software company is that even in this casual, "weekend-like" I still looked over dressed around the flip-flop, short wearing developers.

No comments: