Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fall Blooms??

I am sure you all have missed hearing me whine about my yard lately and are dying to know how it is doing? Thanks, for asking, it is doing great. The flowers in the center flower bed are blooming like crazy, the grass is as green as a golf course, and new growth is popping up all over the place. Yeah, I am an expert gardener. All I have to do is walk around the yard once or twice a week and I get amazing results. This morning at about 5 I got even more insight into the source of my new found green-thumb when I was awaken by the familiar clip, clip, clip noise of the sprinkler system. In my half-asleep stupor, I thought to myself, didn't the sprinkler come on yesterday, and then flashes of the bright flowers came to my mind and I jumped up and ran to the garage to look at the sprinkler controller. Yep, for about 2 weeks the yard as been watered every day. Some conservationist I am. Well I can sit in my beautiful yard as I write the check for that obscenely high water bill.

No comments: