Sunday, August 27, 2006

Shelter Ups and Downs

This Saturday I went to the shelter at 8:00 instead of 10:00 AM to get a head start on the day. I soon discovered there are a few pros and cons to coming in as soon as the shelter opens. The good thing was the dogs were so excited to see you and because I was the only "green" volunteer there that early I was able to walk all the green dogs- yes, I am such a dork. The down side is well that's a lot of dogs to walk and clean up after. Although, it did really appeal to my sense of completion to get all 8 of those green dogs walked and cleaned up. There was also a nice sense of celebration at the shelter. A little terrier, named Tommy, who had been at the shelter since January battling various health problems was finally adopted on Friday. Now the fluffy chow, Cole, who has been there since May needs to be adopted.

No comments: