Saturday, August 19, 2006

More Doggie Goodness

Cole


It is Saturday and you know what that means. Yep, me boring you to death with my stories of shelter dogs. Today, there were less green volunteers and more green dogs to take for walks. So, I got lots of doggie loving. Also, there were less mishaps today and just pleasant doggie bonding. Although, the last dog I took out, Riley Jane, a shepherd mix almost got into 2 dog fights. She is a little feisty for a green dog. I was pleased that I was able to calm her down with out too much fuss though. Distracting a stressed out dogs with treats seems to work surprisingly well. The first dog I took out was, Dawn an Australian shepherd. She is definitely one of the sweetest dog I have walked so far. She couldn't get enough petting and loved to play fetch. She is going to make someone a great dog. I also spent time with a sweet beagle named Bernard. He had the sweetest droopy ears and weepy hound dog eyes. I also took Butter out again this week and he was much better behaved this time around, no wild escapes this weekend. I also took a very calm and friendly Chow, named Cole out for a walk and petting session. She is one mellow dog, I can't imagine her ever being a feisty Chow. So far the saddest thing about this volunteer gig is putting the dogs back in their kennels. Bernard howled when I put him back in and Riley Jane had to be coaxed with a trail of bacon treats. Poor guys, it must be so miserable in there.
Oh and I can't forget the fluffy pups, Blondie and Tux. We can't touch the pups because they haven't got their shots yet but you can oggle them from their kennels. And boy did I. Oh they were the most adorable, sleeping balls of cuteness. Ah puppies make everything right in the world!!

Riley Jane

No comments: