Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Celebration and Other Entertainment

The publishing celebration was so much fun. We had been waiting to have that celebratory dinner for a long time. I am not sure of the exact number of rejections CornyT has recieved for all of his stories but I know that one story alone was rejected 29 times. This shows that his perseverance is paying off a little though and I think this is just the affirmation he needed to keep going. I am so proud of him and I can't wait to see his story printed up in a slick, little journal. We dined at a local Cuban restaurant that just reopened after a kitchen fire about a year ago. The fire seems to have been somewhat of a blessing because the food was even yummier than before. Although I think their mojito recipe must have been a victim of the flames because the watered down version they served us was a pretty pathetic. Anyway, it was a wonderful meal and very well deserved on CornyT's part. He has worked so hard and I am glad that he has gotten this accomplishment.
Continuing the theme of literary achievements, last night we stopped by CornyT's favorite coffee shop, the Green Muse, to listen to a fellow writer and Green Muse regular give a reading with a folk band accompanionment. Truly an Austin thing to do. CornyT felt obligated to attend because he knows this guy pretty well and the free beer was enough incentive for me!!:). Also, when I say that Green Muse is CT's favorite coffee shop and that he is a regular it doesn't properly describe his relationship with this establishment. Think Norm on cheers. Yes, the Barrista's often greet him by name when he walks in. And we regularly go to movies with one of the owner's. I tease him a lot about how he should pay the owners rent for the table he sits at all the time but I think it is nice that he has a place he can feel so comfortable in to write.

No comments: