Thursday, August 31, 2006

Craiglisters

In my last post, I mentioned I was waiting for someone come by and pay for the privilege of taking away my old loveseats. Well, I waited. To be fair, they did email to tell me they would be late, 1/2 an hour after they were suppose to be here. At about 9:15, CornyT wanted to go to a 9:45 movie and I, in a sad example of girly, scaredy-catness decided I didn't want to be at home by myself when these strange, flaky people came. Anyway, I am not sure if they did come by but the next day she still wanted the loveseats. However, I am not giving my old, uncomfortable furniture to flakes and told her they already sold. I did have a young couple, who didn't look much older than Mame, look at the couches the next night. I don't think they were all that impressed. I also displayed a strange fit of greed wioth them. When they asked me how much for both I upped the price to 30 ffrom 25. Not sure why I did that but they didn't call me on it. They also haven't called back. Guess I am stuck with the ratty old things for a little longer. The guy's need to reassure me was cute though. When the girl said they needed to look at other stuff and would call me later, he piped in "don't worry we will be back." Yeah right. Not that I really care though. I am sure I'll eventually get the sad sacks out of the house if I have to drag them out to the curb. I wonder how long it would take for someone to carry the couches away if I did that? Maybe I could set up a poll and have people bet on how long they will last in front of my house. That would be more fun than actually selling them, I think. That reminds me, the weirdest thing is going on at the house across the street. The house belongs to an old couple who have moved (possibly temporarily/possibly not) to assisted living while she recovers from a broken hip. They have been gone for several months and their kids were taking care of the lawn but in the last week a lot of random junk has started to slowly pile up in the yard; a broken lawn chair, a lamp shade, a collapsed, wire shelf. Every day there seems to be one more thing out there. I have been tempted to throw it in our dumpster but haven't yet.

No comments: