Friday, August 11, 2006

Return of the Girl's Night

Before my dear friend Aimee ran off to be with her boyfriend in New Hampshire, we would routinely meet for drinks, finger-food, and chatting. These girls-nights would usually take place at her cozy South Austin apartment behind a local wedding reception venue. I can't tell you how fun it was to sip wine and giggle amid the dulcet tones of the chicken dance wafting in through the open window. Needless to say, I cherished these nights a great deal and have been sorely missing them. Don't get me wrong I have had some great girl time this year- girl's day with my cuz is the high-light of the year and the craft night was fabulous- but I have missed the more regular girl bonding. Luckily, I have started to get know a pal's new girlfriend and on Monday we met for a Chile Margarita at El Chile. Yep, you read that correctly, a chile the Chilango is a "Spicy orange infused frozen margarita" with the rim of the glass lined with the most delectable and savory red chile salt concoction. If my sparkling personality is not enough to lure you to Austin, you should make the trip down here just for this amazing Margarita!! My favorite moment of the night was when I saw my gal pal ravenously lick the chile goodness from her forefinger. As I proceeded to the same, I knew I liked her tons:). Hopefully, there will be many more gab sessions with yummilicious margaritas.

No comments: