Monday, August 21, 2006

Home Kevetching

My cousin, aka Shoe Goddess, said that if I am not careful I am going to end-up the crazy, old dog lady! She's probably right, but it is slightly better than cats, isn't it? But while we are talking about dogs, I thought I would share with you that Faith, the timid dog I walked on my first Saturday, was adopted yesterday. She was so sad and skittish at the shelter, poor thing. I am sure she will be much happier in her new home.
Anyway, I spent the rest of the weekend running errands, doing housework, and continuing my the-house-isn't-cute-enough freak out that I started last weekend. Last week, I was fixated on a lack of furniture. The front room in the living area has nothing in it and it looks so tacky. Also, the walls are so dingy and marred. Everytime I look at them I notice a new scratch or smudge. Anyway, it is probably better to paint before I fill the place up with furniture so now there are Behr paint chips decorating all the walls. The problem is now I can't decide what color and the choices are overwhelming. Poor CornyT, I am following him around every room making him look at paint chips and choose the one he likes. Yes, our life has come to this I told him. So far, he isn't crazy about many of them and I am not really either. Also, I want to install crown molding but the more I read about it the more nervous I get. It also seems to require a lot of tools; a mitre saw, a nail gun, a ladder;). Ah the joys of home ownership.

No comments: