Friday, April 28, 2006

To all children of the 80's



do you remember these? That's right, it is a bubble skirt and indeed they are back on the racks. You couldn't imagine my surprise as I was browsing Kohl's for cuffed capris and gauchos in the young miss section and wondered across a flouncy, bubble skirt for a mere $8.00. No, I didn't buy it and yes, I know I am just deluding myself by even walking in the young miss section at my advanced age:) of almost 32. I did however stare at it for at least three minutes in sheer disbelief that they were actualy selling these skirts again. What's next? Girl's in ankle socks and pumps or jelly shoes. Oh god please not jelly shoes:)! Honestly though, when I gave away my last bubble skirt in 1987 I thought for sure I had seen the last of them. Well, long live the bubble skirt and may it accentuate all those shapely, twenty-something calves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo the bubble skirt, my Madonna days are coming back! I will be at Kohls tonight after work. The 80's Rock!!