Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cute Addicted


During lunch the other day, as I was absently surfing the web, while slurping ramen, my pulse began to quicken, my palms became clammy, and continuous squeals of glee could be heard from my cube. I had stumbled across the web site of my dreams, and quite possibly found my calling in life...cutetologist! Cuteoverload.com makes me SO happy- it's like animal planet without the cable bill.

For a day or two, I was conflicted about mentioning cuteoverload here because by revealing the source of all this cuteness to everyone on my email list all the fun derived by mailing out little gems, such as these two little guys (look at those faces)
may be diminished. But I just couldn't keep all this adorable, scrumptious cuteness to myself. Although the cute critters are key to this site, the clever writing and professional web design make the site even more appealing (if that is even possible). I don't know about you, but I just like my baby penguins in sweaters to have a little dignity. (Yes there is such a picture on this website.) The organizer of this well organized, nicely presented, website has turned the presentation of fuzzy, adorable faces into a quantifiable science. In fact, she has established the rules of cute and even has a glossary of cute terms. So, when you see me again and I say "that made me barf rainbows" or "that dress is SO prosh" you will know what I am talking about. Of course, you will also now know what I am doing with every spare minute I have on the internet, especially when I am down.

One more funny thing about this website; Last night at bookclub I told everybody, "I have found this website that I am a little ashamed to admit I love" and before I could even finish one of my fellow bookclubbers said "Cuteoverload? I love that site." CornyT was just a little ashamed of us when I told him that story. But let me ask you, who, WHO could resist these faces.

No comments: