Sunday, April 09, 2006

Yard Woes

Ugh, I feel like I have the brownest thumb in the world today. The beautiful, lush, green grass that I purchased last August is now brown and patchy in just 6 months of my care. Some furry, little wormy thing is munching down on my bush out front and something else has plucked clean the daffodils I was so proud of. Also, I feel like we will never get all the leaves cleaned up out of the yard and apparently the mosquitoes love to live under all those leaves. So, the yard will probably be miserable as the summer progresses. To save the grass that I not only butchered during my initial lawn mowing debacle (who knew the little wheels had to be adjusted) last Sept. and now apparently burned with fertilizer, we planted new sod in places yesterday. However, today that sod looks all wilty and sad. I even watered this morning. I have a feeling the sod is not going to solve my yard patches. Oh well at least it was only $1.70 a piece. Now, I have to figure out how to get rid of those caterpillars that are getting fat off my poor little bushes.

No comments: