Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Brunch

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I wish I could have spent it with every one of you. We had a quiet but lovely Easter. We invited another couple over and had a low-key brunch together. In the past, I have made a enormous production out of Easter dinner but this year I didn't feel up to a big affair but I wanted to do something. It just doesn't feel right if you don't make a ham on Easter. So, I made a ham, a pasta salad and a carrot cake and our friends brought over grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon, the most amazing roasted potatoes and bread. Oh it was so yummy. The pasta salad and the carrot cake were new recipes. A risky thing for a dinner-party I know, but luckily they turned out ok. I was especially happy with the pasta salad, a really easy and elegant spring pasta salad with some of my favorite things; kalamata olives, tomatoes, and capers. Now I know what to bring to the next pot luck I am invited to. The carrot cake I thought was a little dry but CornyT said it was good- just like a good boyfriend should.

No comments: