Monday, April 10, 2006

Walks

I have decided this weekend that talking while taking walks is probably my favorite way to communicate. Friday night we took a long walk around Town Lake (which is surprisingly not busy on Friday, like people have lives or something) and then last night we took our routine walk to the post office and I just love the rhthym of walking and talking- nothing is more relaxing. Some of my fondest memories of college are of morning walks with one of my close friends; we probably woke up neighborhoods with our giggling but it was the best!

Funny things often happen while you are walking too. Last night, we heard a little tinkle, tinkle come our way and then a medium size animal barreled in front of us. At first, we assumed it was a small dog by the way it came running towards us but then we realized it was a large cat with a little jingle bell on his collar. He was the sweetest thing, stopped and let us pet him and purred. After we had gotten our fill of kitty sweetness, we continued along on our way but the kitty did not have enough and sure enough he was following us. At first we thought it was cute; we would stop, he would stop, we would pet, he would purr, but then we worried he would get lost if he followed us all the way so we didn't want to egg him on. We didn't look back but that wasn't too much of a deterrant because, jingle, jingle he was behind us almost the whole way. He certainly was the cutest cat I have run across in a while and the most dog-like. I don't have to tell you that I wish Livia was like that. And as if to confirm what a stinker cat she is or to punish me for giving another cat attention she took an unprovoked swat at my face shortly after we got home. Ugh, anybody want a cat:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is how you comment withoug signing in??