Monday, May 01, 2006

We have had better weekends

This Saturday started off wonderfully. We got up early. I cleaned the kitchen, did some writing, and then we mowed and edged. So nice and productive. We felt so good about ourselves getting an early start we decided to run some errands and maybe treat ourselves to a movie. But OH NO that wasn't in the cards for us. We pop in the car, pull out of the garage, notice the porch light was left on stop and turn it off, check the mail and then start on our merry way and then BOOM- some cherry red PT Cruiser hits us on the side as we make a left turn one house down from ours. Oh I should clarify this PT cruiser was behind us. We can't figure out what he was doing and we were already in traffic- CornyT look before he pulled away from the curb. He claimed he just didn't see us but I don't understand we were in front of him. We are still confused. Anyway, poor CornyT, he felt so terrible even though I kept telling him it wasn't his fault. The cops didn't give anyone a ticket, which is kind of unfortunate because we now have to wait for the insurance companies to figure out who was at fault. The cops claimed it wasn't their job to determine who is at fault but I always thought that was exactly their job. Oh well what do I know? I also thought for some weird reason you were suppose to leave the cars in the place they were hit unless it was really obstructing traffic but I was soundly told by one of them that was in fact illegal. Well needless to say the rest of the day was kind of blown. We just stayed home, watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith and ate strawberry shortcake. I wasn't such a fan of the movie but I loved the dessert. Hopefully it will all work out for CornyT in the end and the most important thing is everyone involved is OK.

No comments: