Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rainy Rainy Saturday

Oooh it is chilly and rainy here. I don't think the rain has abated all day. All this rain, made for a soggy dog walking morning. All three of the dog runs, where we take them to go potty were fully submersed in about 5 inches of water when I got there this morning. Apparently there was one dry spot in a corner where the first two volunteers took one dog at a time to go potty. That of course would not work, so another volunteer brought a shovel and they began digging out the runs and creating a drainage system to evacuate the water. I was so impressed with my fellow volunteers for doing all that hard work to fix the runs. That is dedication.

My first dog of the day, Louisa a Finnish Spitz mix, was not at all into being in the rain or going into the flooded runs. She sweetly would lean against my leg kind of pushing me towards the door. Eventually, I got the message and we went back inside and snuggled in a nice dry, warm visitation room. What a sweet dog she was, she would gently lick my hand and sit nicely for lots of head rubs. Actually, all the dogs I took out today were just super sweet. My new favorite dog at the shelter is Herman a black retriever mix. He has a beautiful full coat and is very calm and very affectionate. I can't understand why someone would give him up. He seems like a great dog who would just quietly lay next to you while you watched TV. If I don't hear back from the gold ribbon rescue soon and Herman is still in shelter I may consider adopting him. But I doubt he will stay at the shelter for very long someone will certainly snatch him up soon.
On Thursday when I last wrote, I was running off to Girl's Night at Cork and Company. This was my first experience at a wine bar and I have to say it was really nice. The atmosphere was elegant yet casual and the selection of wine was amazing. You can sample a variety of wines grouped as tasters or flights. The flights had fun names like my friend's Chardonnay flight Blonde Bombshell or my favorite the Hot Texas Redhead (mmm there was a hair color theme wasn't there). Mmm it was fun to taste those wines and I would love to go back but oh buddy was it expensive. That is one thing beer has over wine it is a lot cheaper.

No comments: