Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Big Chill

Winter has come to Texas and we are hunkering down in the house watching the weather and wallowing around in our pjs. We have been calling the ice storm the STORM of the CENTURY (in dramatic news caster voice) but the news here is actually a little more low key and calling the storm "The Big Chill". The house looks so cute with icicles lining the eaves and frost dotting the front lawn. Any where in the country I think this would be business as usual but in the Hill Country it is shutting down the city. We haven't got our mail today and some places didn't get trash picked up.
Actually, it is kind of fun to have something out of the ordinary break up the routine. Although, it would be a little more fun if I had a job where I couldn't work from home but it is still fun to do all my work in a sweatshirt and puppy slippers plus I am getting paid so I can't complain too much.

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

When I was 11 we had ice storms so bad school was close for something like a solid week (sucked going to school until June 24th...my birthday though). At the tail end of the week of ice I was busy doing my homework and I got up to let my black lab outside. And she jumped up and literally stole my glasses off my face and ran outside and I tried to chase her but as our house is handicapped accessible (my great uncle had the house build for him, after he was injured in WWII) so I couldn't get down the ramp to go after her...it was a mess. Luckily it warmed up enough that night that the next day most of the ice was gone and I managed to find my glasses before having to go to school.

(my mother still doesn't believe the dog stole my glasses!)

Josh said...

I know... Here in DFW, everything's shut down. Isn't it crazy how things shut down whenever the weather gets bad here?