Sunday, December 03, 2006

Time off and Shelter Update Dec 3

This post is truly my yammerings and catching up with the last week. I had the last week off but I was still bad about blogging. On Tuesday. I drove Mamie back to Lake Charles, which took the whole day. On Wednesday, I volunteered at the shelter, spent the afternoon reading, and went to bookclub. Ah it was a very nice day. The rest of the week I caught a few movies, did some chores around the house and basically lounged around. The party is over now. Although, I am ready to get back to work, I am a little nervous about the new job. All the usual worries before starting something new; will I like it, will it go well... I feel a little like it's the night before the first day of school:). This weekend I did my first one-on-one with new volunteers at the shelter. I probably overwhelmed them with information but there is a checklist of about 15 to 20 things you have to teach them to do. The key things are to open the cages inward and always close the cages when you leave. I hope I reinforce those things enough. Hopefully, they won't feel quite as overwhelmed as I did my first couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the next job will be great. And I bet you did well with teaching the new volunteers, I think that as long as they have enough common sense they'll be fine.

Josh said...

Don't worry kid, you'll do just fine. Take care!