Friday, December 08, 2006

Presents and Holiday Parties

I just noticed that my last post was my 150th post. Wow I just don't shut up do? I get such a kick out of writing this and I want to thank you all so much for putting up with my blabberings on here. Here's to 150 more, hopefully I can get there and bore you all with more of my yammerings.
Last night, Crishauna and I spent the evening at a local women's shelter wrapping presents for the families living in the shelter. I am not sure if she really enjoyed the present wrapping but I thought it was a nice way to spend our time together. And despite her grumbling I think she did enjoy talking to some of the other little sisters while we wrapped gifts. I was sad to hear from her that she got suspended for fighting again this semester. Her mom forced her to move to another school this year in hopes that she would have a new start and not get into trouble any more. Unfortunately, it looks like it didn't work exactly as her mom had hoped. Hopefully, she will out grow this aggressive behavior. Oh well all I can do as a big sister is to listen and try to show her that fighting is not the answer.
Tonight, CornyT and I went to a holiday party hosted by a local paper he occasionally writes for. Now that was one hell of a holiday party. They had free food, drinks, and a great live band. We ate till our bellies were bulging and danced our booties off. The band played great classic rock hits from bands like Led Zepelin, the Who, Aerosmith etc. So fun. We didn't know a soul at the party but still had a blast sipping our free (yet bad- get what you pay for) cabarnets and singing ourselves horse. Tomorrow, I think we are going to another party and listening to CornyT's students read there work at a city wide reading.
Tomorrow

5 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Totally jealous of the holiday party. I'm STILL trying to figure out a good way of getting out of my work's party...I think i might have found one today though.

Elle said...

I don't have to go to a work party this year for the first time in 9 years. I think I miss it, but I'm not sure yet.

Elle said...

Thank you for my blog visit today. I hope your new job is going well this week.

Angie said...

ha ha Silver I don't blame you for wanting to miss the office party. Office party's are miserable. This was the ideal holiday party because we didn't have to talk to anyone. :)

Angie said...

Elle, thanks for the comments. So far the job is going well. busy, which is just what I need.