Friday, December 15, 2006

Girl's Night again

This Wednesday I had a much needed girl's night. We had dinner and drinks at a local restaurant and tavern type place called Freddies. The restraunt's centerpiece is it's large outdoor dining area that backs up to a creek. Huge oaks draped in christmas lights line the perimeter giving the whole place a real "back yard" feel. We of course sat inside. It may be Texas but it is still December and it does get a little chilly here on occasion. I did notice on the front door that every Sunday they host a stupid dog trick contest. Oh I am so going to talk CornyT into going there one Suday for that. Especially, after we get a dog. My hope is that will be very soon too. I really have my heart set on a golden. I think as soon as we get back from the holiday tour 2006, I am going to submit an adoption app to the local golden rescue. I feel bad for not adopting from my shelter but I really feel like a golden is the perfect breed for me. Anyway, girl time was great and it gave me a great opportunity to vent about the stress of starting a new job and the holiday season. Ah what would I do without girl friends.

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Either way, you are still rescuing a dog so I don't think it matters too much. Goldens are so beatiful and if they're anything like black labs they are an awesome breed.