Monday, December 04, 2006

First day of the new job and other stuff

The first day went fairly well. Everyone is nice and the office is kind of lively but quiet enough to get some work done. Being new and getting used to the ropes is always a little awkward. I am sure I will feel comfortable soon. The drive wasn't too congested at 7:30 but I am going to have to leave a little earlier in the evening. Thank goodness for books on tape, they make being stuck in traffic bearable. In fact, sometimes I enjoy just sitting listening to the stories. Crazy, huh? Today I started This Much I Know is True by Wally Lamb. So far it is dumb fun and it is 32 hours long. Phew that is a long time in traffic.
This weekend was a great one for the shelter. We had 18 adoptions and a kind, charitable soul dropped off a donation check for $6000! Nice huh? That is true holiday spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that book, though I prefered Lamb's other book "She's Come Undone" much better.

Josh said...

You're Welcome!