Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day at work. After today, the work email will be turned off, so please reach me through my yahoo or gmail accounts. I am a little sad to leave this place. I have had a lot of fun here and learned so much. However, it is just time to move on to something different.

Change can be good and I think I will grow by being challenged in new directions. One of the big changes is the size of the company. I have never worked for a company over 50 employees and my new place has over 12 hundred world wide. Although they have that many people, the office I will be working at here in Austin only has 30 people- a little more my speed. That is one of the reasons I thought the company would be a good fit for me. A big company with a small company feel. They are also planning on growing the office here to at least 100 people by the end of next year. I am hoping that all that growth and new blood will lend the work environment a lot of energy. Currently, the atmosphere I am in is a little anemic. But that being said I know I am giving up working with some great people and I hope I am just as lucky at the new place to work with so many great people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are sorry to see you go!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your next job!