Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving All!!!



I took a break from laptopping during the holiday and it was actually quite nice. But now since I can't sleep, I thought I would get up and pretend like I am in the office. Besides the working part and being in my jammies this is just like being in the office.

CornyT, Mamie, and I had a nice Thanksgiving dinner here at the house. The cooking went off without a major incident and we had a nice leisurely day laying around the house watching TV. It is kind of amusing to me how every T-day we spend a good part of the day slaving away in the kitchen then spend probably 15 minutes tops scarfing it down, and then take the rest of the day cleaning it all up. The highlight of our meal was the new sausage stuffing recipe we tried. Ah it was so delicious, the only bad thing about it was we didn't make more. Mmmm I could eat some right now.

The rest of the weekend we spent shopping, watching TV, playing trivial pursuit and trying to get tickets to the IMAX Happy Feet. The movie was sold out every time we went to the museum or tried to buy tickets online. We finally got tickets last night and felt very accomplished. However, it turned out to not be quite worth all the effort. I would like to say it was probably because of all the build up we were giving it but really it wasn't as great as you would think dancing penguins would be.

The theme of the weekend has definitely been eating. Not only did we eat tons of turkey and left overs we also had a huge meal at a Cuban restaurant and gorged our selves with Dim Sum Sunday morning. All weekend you could hear me saying "I am SO FULL" or "Ugh I have eaten SO MUCH." We attempted to burn off all the turkey and leftovers by going for a hike in the Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve. The hike was only about an hour long, but every little bit counts right? Hope you all have had a great Thanksgiving and have gorged your selves as well. Did you do anything fun?

No comments: