Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween - a little late

I meant to blog along with the trick or treating the other night but with the puppies yelping in the sun-room, CornyT making supper, and the cat having a freak out over the freaky little people parading up our front steps there was no time to live-blog the trick or treaters. This year was a lot slower than last year and to my surprise our neighbors didn't show up with their little guys. Which was a little disappointing. I had hoped to show them the puppies and let the pups have a some kid socialization. There were no stand out costumes this year but a couple darling butterflies and a very polite superman who signed Thank You to me. At first I thought he was blowing a kiss but I am pretty sure he was signing now that I think about it.

The last couple of days have been a blur of puppy tending and fitfull sleeping. Yesterday, the pups spent the day at the shelter being treated for Coccidia (a parasite resulting in diarhea) and their sleep schedule was all out of whack. I was up 3 times with them. At one point, I was startled awake by a nuzzle to my cheek and realized a puppy was in my bed. Oh crap, they are probably wreaking havoc all over the house, I thought. I grabbed the pup and trotted off to return him. When I reached the locked sun-room, I wondered at the pup's ability to turn a door knob. It was at that point, I realized I had a squirming cat in my arms. I headed back to bed but the damage was already done the pups were startled by my fumbling at the door and we were up for another hour. At least, they're so darn cute.

No comments: