Thursday, November 16, 2006

Braces off and Puppies are Gone

Now it may seem lame but I am going to blame the puppies for my recent blogging lapse. They were so much fun but all my time at home was devoted mostly to attending to them leaving little time for blogging. I took them back to the shelter yesterday. They are on their way towards finding their forever homes and I hope they find great, patient families. I am sad that they are gone and dropping them off was a little hard. I didn't cry but I did feel a little emotional. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of dogs to console myself. However, with all that being said I am not so sure I will foster puppies again. The restrictions keeping them from coming in contact with our cat or going outside made it kind of hard for them to really participate in our lives. CornyT found them boring because you couldn't take them for walks or run with them out side in the yard. He got a little sick of sitting in the stinky sun room keeping an eye on them. And you certainly had to keep an eye on them. You could not under any circumstance leave them out of the crate unattended for too long or God knows what kind of trouble they would get in to. Next time, I am going to try to foster an older dog to see how the cat reacts to a larger dog in the house. She saw the puppies on only one or two occasions. She didn't like them but she didn't freak out too much. I am hoping if we get a dog they will just ignore each other and live in relative harmony. The good thing about the pups is that CornyT is 100% sure he wants to get a dog and we are going to do it relatively soon too. I know now that am ready too.
The other big thing to go on this week is that I am had my braces removed on Friday. Woo Hoo it is so nice to be brace free. I can eat nuts, caramel, popcorn and apples (not sliced) again. It is so nice. I will send pictures of my metal free smile very soon.

No comments: