Friday, June 09, 2006

Kay-yakity-yaking


Last Saturday, CornyT and I went kayaking with my Big Brothers Big Sisters networking and fundraising group, GAIN. The event was designed to give our members something fun to do together and to drum up more interest in the group. I think we achieved both goals and we definitely had a blast as a group. The only draw back was CornyT and I discovered we are terrible kayakers. WE spent a lot time knocking into the bank and trying to go into a straight line like everyone else in the group. The guide from the kayak rental dock was so nice and even hung around behind trying to help us. We actually had a great time chatting with her. She was a greek immigrant earning her PhD in microbiology at UT and really friendly. I was glad we were so bad because we got to get to know her better. She was even so nice as to tell us that the type of kayak we were in a sit-inside, two person were the hardest to steer. I am sure normal people have no problem with but CornyT are a little rowing challenged. Oh well it got us outside in the warm sun meeting people so I can't complain.

No comments: