Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The new furniture is here, the new furniture is here






I can hardly believe it myself but there is a real sofa and two arm chairs in my living room right now. Woo hoo. The big furniture purchase is done. Now I just have to buy a ton of stuff to make the place look more pulled together but it does look more like grown ups live here now. The sofa is super comfy. I just spent an hour curled up on it watching an episode of Quantum Leap and it was just perfect. All cushy yet firm at the same time. You will notice there are two small towels under the couch. Those towels are sprayed with a very smelly yet effective cat repellant. The cat has not come near the couch since it was delivered and she almost always plopped up on it with us. That was the best quarter I ever spent at a garage sale. Luckily, you can only really smell the repellant when you get down on the floor near it but obviously Livia can and that is all we care about. You can't tell from the pic that I have angled the couch and pulled it a little away from the wall. I kind of like that look but wonder if I have things too crowded. I am glad I took these pictures because now that I look at the pics I can tell I am going to have to get a much larger art piece for the wall behind the couch. Things look really off center with those small posters. If anyone sees anything cool they think might look good anywhere in the living room please shoot me an email. Decorating tips are definitely appreciated.

No comments: