Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Busy Weekend

Finally, CornyT and I took advantage of Austin's biggest tourist draw and actually went to some SXSW shows. In fact, we went to almost a dozen shows in 3 days. Phew and I am exhausted. I would like to say that we did it on our volition but we in fact needed an excuse to get out. CornyT's friend from college came to town to visit us and we felt we had to show him a good time. The great thing is we didn't buy one of the pricey wristbands and still got into the shows we wanted to and at a lot places didn't even pay cover. Previously, I had thought SXSW was so overwhelming and hard to sort through all the available bands but when you have an old college buddy who is willing to listen to all the myspace pages and find the good bands it really isn't hard:). Along with all the bands I also had my first celebrity sighting in Austin. At the You Am I concert we saw an actor from one of our favorite shows, a man who is never nude.

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

You Am I? Very impressive...heard they are quite the band.