Thursday, July 07, 2005

Quick Post

Hi everyone,
This is just a quick post to put up some photos and attempt to keep the momentum of my blogging going. Knowing that I just returned from a quick trip to visit friends in Florida for the fourth, you would think I would have pictures of Florida to post. Well so did I but unfortunately my digital camera batteries refuse to emit enough power to get the pictures from the camera to the computer. So they're trapped on the camera and destined to disappear as soon as I remove the batteries. Fortunately, I do have pictures from my family's visit to Austin in early May to share with all of you.
By the way, the trip to Florida was very nice. Mike and I spent every day cavorting on the beach and the evenings bbqing and hanging out with our friends. For the fourth of July, my friend's Mom prepared us an amazing Lebanese feast which was SUCH a treat. It isn't very often I get homemade grape-leaves and apparently it isn't very often her Mom makes them. So I felt very lucky and I certainly tried to eat enough to show my appreciation. Afterwards, a large crane was brought in to lift me away from the table and take me to the beach where we watched the fireworks display from a beautiful high-rise condo. The reflection of the fireworks on the Ocean was breathtaking and I am sure has spoiled me for all future fourth of July's.
Well, I hope you all had a great fourth and I can't wait to hear from all of you soon.
Angie

No comments: