Friday, August 05, 2005

New House






So this is it, my first house. Last Thursday we saw it and fell in love with it right away. What is really disconcerting to me about house buying in the Austin market is how quickly you have to make decisions. When we went to look at the house another realtor was already there waiting for his client to show up and this was the first day it was on the market. After we looked at this house we went to couple of other dumpy looking places, told Cynthia we would call her and over Vietnamese food I fretted over whether or not I should buy the place. If it were up to me I would have looked at the house 2 or 3 more times but you just don't have that luxury here with the good ones. The yucky ones stay on the market for weeks but I know that right now I am not up for a huge project house. I want to come home and relax not feel like I have a thousand projects hanging over my head. There are other things I would rather have hanging over my head. So, I decided and I think rightly so, that I was not going to find another so well cared for house for this price. And the two major selling points were the tile floors throughout and the sun room and I hadn't seen anything with those amenities. It also has a sprinkler system, a two car garage and vaulted ceilings. Anyway I keep telling myself that it won't look as cute when we get our mismatched spare furniture but over time we will cute-it-up with nice furniture and paint.

No comments: