Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Matilda's Legacy

Despite her misbehaving ways I think the crazy puppy has found a "forever home". Good thing too because I am sure she is probably tired of moving around. She spent one week with us, one week with our friends who rescued her from the mean people next door, and almost 2 weeks now with her current foster mom. The road was a little uncertain for the pupster and CornyT and I were working really hard to find her a new home. I plastered her picture on the internet and put a poster up in my office breakroom. All that exposure and we only got one phone call. However, I think it was the phone call that convinced her current "foster" mother to make the big committment. In fact, she said she would either keep her or find her a new home. YAY- the poster in the office went down today! The puppy did pick up a few things along her journeys; a new name, Xena, and mange. The mange though I think she spread around a little. Grady is scratching a lot and has brown stuff on his belly. I am going to take him to the vet this weekend. I had wanted to get a second opinion on my current vet's exclusive steroid treatment so this gives me good impetus to do so. Hopefully, this vet will be a little more friendly. I thought that my current vet was pretty good with the animals and Grady seemed to really like him but he barely said more than a few absolutely, necessary words to me. I tried to tell myself it was probably because he was just more comfortable with animals than with people but it is off putting when you ask questions and he just shakes his head and talks to your pet. I am also a little unsettled that he doesn't have an assistant and I have never seen another patient in his office. This has it's upsides I never have to wait to see him and I can always get an appointment when I need one. But it is still a little disconcerting... Anyway, we'll see what the next vet says about Grady's allergies and prolonged prednisone use and maybe he will tell me and not Grady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valentine goes to Westlake Animal Hospital. The primary vets have been at the Bee Cave Road location for about thirty years and they have a super staff of vets that have always been helpful, even including follow up telephone calls to check in on Val. I recommend them highly. On the downside, they are not open on Saturday so you have to come in during the week. Hours are extended so it isn't too bad, though.