Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wedding Chores

We recently returned from the first of three weddings we will attend this year. (One of course being our own:). Our friends hosted a beautiful, day-time wedding in Maine on a gorgeous local estate. Their ceremony was outside under a gazebo and incorporated a lot of personal touches that I would love to steal. However, they will be at our wedding so we should probably come up with something of our own. I am thinking a conga line around the terrace would be a blast. Just kidding, I am trying to make wedding planning more manageable and have a little more fun with it. I am assigning one wedding chore to do a day. Chunk the whole process up a bit. Since I have implemented this plan I have felt a lot more in control. I don't what I have really accomplished but I have at least called more people. I did talk to a friend of a friend who arranges wedding flowers and I had SO much fun talking about flowers. I love flowers. Especially bold, dark red flowers and she was just as excited about red stuff as I was. I was going to get wholesale flowers and do it myself and although that would be a lot of fun. I have never done that before and have no idea what the learning curve would be like so this way I don't have to worry about it. Plus, I think they are reasonable and willing to work with my measly budget.

No comments: